Because I am still trying desperately to learn Spanish, and because I want to practise my new found 'skills' in using more than one tense (two, in fact, the present and, more recently, the past perfect!), I have written this blog in Spanish.
Do not fear. There is a translation below.
Ayer, el cielo era claro y azul. Yo me desperté a las siete y medio y sentí muchas más alerté que antes. (Yo pienso que el (muy leve) sorocho es mejor).
Yo me cepillé el pelo y las dentes. Me visté con pantalónes cortes y un polero rosa porque el sol es muy caloroso aqui. (Sé esta es muy aburrido, pero tengo que practico mi vocabulares!) Tambien usé un sombrero y bloqueador solar.
M estuvo durmiendo. Yo le besé y desayunamos. Comí pan y bebí té en la sala de comido y conocimos tres nuevos viajeros. Son Alemános y hablan Inglés más mejor que hablo Español! Hablamos acerca de los actividades en San Pedro y acerca de los países en los que viajaron.
Antes dejamos, llenamos nuestras botellas con agua porque es importante beber muchos agua cuando al altitud.
Caminamos para Pukará, de Quitar.
Pukará es una fortaleza anciana y está tres kilometres desde la casa. A Pukará subimos el cerro. Llevé una bolsa y botella grande de agua y usé sandalias, y a veces me deslicé. Fue caloroso y bebimos muchos agua. En la cumbre del cerro miramas la buena vista, y me gustó muchos.
Miré las montañas y dunas de arena y pensé como afortunado nosotros estamos por este viaje. M tomó muchos fotos.
En la cumbre del cerro también conocimos los nuevos viajores desde la casa. No parecieron cansado, pero comieron muchas frutas y galletas!
Dejamos de la cumbre del cerro antes ellos, pero sin embargo llegamos después ellos! Yo pienso que caminaron más rápidamente que nosotros!
En la casa leé una pagina de un libro en Español para practicar. Cuando estuve cansado, ayudé M a preparar la cena en la cocina. Él cocina muy bien. Yo lo amo!
Después comimos, lavé los platos y esperamos para nuestros guía por una expedición a mirar las estrellas.
Yo voy a escribir acerte del expedición mañana porque nosotros vamos a volver muy tarde.
En Inglés:
Yesterday, the sky was clear and blue. I woke up at half past seven and I felt a lot more alert than before. (I think the (very slight) altitude sickness is better).
I brushed my hair and teeth. I dressed in shorts and a pink top because the sun is very hot here. (I know this is really boring, but I have to practice my vocabulary!) I also wore a hat and sunscreen.
M was sleeping. I kissed him and we had breakfast. I ate bread and drank tea in the dining room and we met three new travelers. They are German and speak English better than I speak Spanish! We talked about the activities in San Pedro and about the countries in which they had traveled.
Before we left, we filled our bottles with water because it is important to drink plenty of water at altitude.
We walked to Pukará, De Quito.
Pukará is an old fortress and is three kilometers from the house. At Pukará we climbed the hill. I was carrying a bag and a large bottle of water and wearing sandals, and sometimes I slipped. It was hot and we drank a lot of water. At the top of the hill we looked at the great view, and I liked it a lot.
I looked at the mountains and the sand dunes and thought how lucky we are for this trip. M took many photos.
At the hilltop also we met the new traveof ers from the house. They did not seem tired, but ate many fruits and cookies!
We left the summit of the hill before them, yet we arrived after! I think I walked faster than us!
In the house I read a page of a book in Spanish to practice. When I was tired, I helped M to prepare dinner in the kitchen. He cooks well. I love him!
After we ate, we washed the dishes and waited for our guide for an expedition to look at the stars.
I'll write about the expedition tomorrow because we will come back very late.
....and yes. Admittedly the quality of the content of this blog has declined considerably but I am still quite proud to have done this. As you will, I am sure, be most impressed by, I have learned the past perfect tense. Turns out, if course, that there is also a second past tense. Which most of that post should have been conjugated in. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
For now, ciao!
Muy bien! (Which is the limit of my Spanish and may quite possibly be a different language or no language at all, but I hope you get my drift...)
ReplyDeleteI get your drift and actually that's exactly right. Hard to get the balance right between learning Spanish, and catching up and n the missing New Zealand blog entries though!
DeleteI get your drift and actually that's exactly right. Hard to get the balance right between learning Spanish, and catching up and n the missing New Zealand blog entries though!
Delete