Today I will be writing very little. My excuse? We are spending the day catching up on blogs. I have been behind for so long it us beginning to do what we hoped it wouldn't, and get in the way of actually having the experiences wecare supposed to be writing about. But I really do want to record it. Today is nearly our last day in Georgetown and we have done all the rhubgs we really wanted to.
So today we will try to catch up. In between eating, (noodle soup and cake) and then celebrate our progress by going out to eat at our favourite place tonight.
If you want to track my progress it is now 8.50 am and I have just published an entry for 15 February. Some are written but not published yet because there is a gap inbetween them that needs filling, but I have, after this, nine blogs left to write to bring me up to date. Watch this space. But don't hold your breath. It takes a while.
So I'm sorry. But I can't be standing around wasting time talking to you. I have work to do....
Put me on my death bed right now and I would spend most of my time snivelling and trying to get sympathy. In between, if you were silly enough to ask, I would probably recount my life in journeys. Student debt to solvency, single to happily married, starting points, turning points, aspirations. You know, the big stuff. I might not mention which particular diet fads worked or didn't work. I may not remember that mistake I made at work which was not significant but for which I spent nearly an entire week mentally crippling myself. I would definitely not care whether on Tuesday 24 August 2003, someone had remembered to put the bins out.
And yet on a daily basis approximately 90% of my energy is ploughed into just those issues and the bigger picture is....well, a bit over pixelated.
This is fine, I reason. And perfectly rational. What is important however is not to let stuff I won't remember prevent me from finding the time to create the memories I will cherish.
And so....operation no regrets. Beginning with a travelling adventure. Eleven months, eleven counties, two backpacks, myself, my husband and the odd mosquito along for the ride.
Saturday, 31 January 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment