Tomorrow's blog will be really exciting. That's my excuse for today's.
Because I am basically going to tell you that we spent the day sheltering from the odd storm, running a few errands and catching up with blogs.
A slight touch of Bali tummy (M had it yesterday and it is very mild and, amazingly the first time we have had anything resembling a travelling tummy upset since we started) means I will chose to spend this evening smuggled in bed watching a film. After eating of course. Nothing stops me doing that.
So just hang in there. We have exciting plans for tomorrow.
And it's only a day away.
Put me on my death bed right now and I would spend most of my time snivelling and trying to get sympathy. In between, if you were silly enough to ask, I would probably recount my life in journeys. Student debt to solvency, single to happily married, starting points, turning points, aspirations. You know, the big stuff. I might not mention which particular diet fads worked or didn't work. I may not remember that mistake I made at work which was not significant but for which I spent nearly an entire week mentally crippling myself. I would definitely not care whether on Tuesday 24 August 2003, someone had remembered to put the bins out.
And yet on a daily basis approximately 90% of my energy is ploughed into just those issues and the bigger picture is....well, a bit over pixelated.
This is fine, I reason. And perfectly rational. What is important however is not to let stuff I won't remember prevent me from finding the time to create the memories I will cherish.
And so....operation no regrets. Beginning with a travelling adventure. Eleven months, eleven counties, two backpacks, myself, my husband and the odd mosquito along for the ride.
Saturday, 21 February 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment